On the breakdown of the relationship the court may be asked to decide if a de facto relationship has existed. Fay is highly experienced and qualified to discuss this with you.
Factors used by the courts in this process will include:
- The duration of the relationship which should cover at least a 2 year period
- The nature and extent of the common residence of the parties to the relationship
- Whether a sexual relationship existed
- Whether the parties are financially dependent or independent of each other
- The ownership, use and acquisition of their property
- The degree of mutual commitment to a shared life
- The care and support of children
- The reputation and public aspects of the relationship so that others in the community believe that you and your partner lived together in a de facto relationship
Email or call on 0416 196 541.
Fay will respond to you personally within 24 hours to discuss your enquiry.