What happens after the 4 step process is completed

Once an agreement is reached as to a division of the property, you should ensure that it is recorded in a written document.

Fay will discuss with you the 2 options available to you and the most appropriate means to move forward with your agreement.

  • You and your partner may either sign Consent Orders that are filed with the Family Court, the Federal Circuit Court or a Local Court so that orders may be made by a judicial officer of the court, or
  • You and your partner may enter into a Binding Financial Agreement that is signed by each of you after careful explanation by your individual lawyers. This document is not filed in court.

The court must ensure that the orders are just and equitable having regard to each of the four steps in the process.

Contact Fay

Email or call on 0416 196 541.

Fay will respond to you personally within 24 hours to discuss your enquiry.