Separating from your partner is highly emotional. You may consider consulting a health professional to assist you in coming to terms with the emotional stages of the breakdown of the relationship.
You will also need to consider for the future the practical aspects of the separation which may include the following issues:
- Perhaps recording by email, text or letter the date of separation so you and your partners are clear and agree on the date
- Where you and the children will live on a temporary or permanent basis
- Financial support for you and the children
- Payment of the household bills such as the rent, the mortgage, the rates and utilities
- How you will divide between you and your partner the bank accounts
- How you will divide between you and your partner the cars, the house, the superannuation and other property
View more information on Separation under the same roof.
Email or call on 0416 196 541.
Fay will respond to you personally within 24 hours to discuss your enquiry.