Who can apply for parenting orders?

If negotiation does not resolve the arrangements for each of your children then any one of the parties to the dispute may file an application in the Local Court, the Federal Magistrates Court or the Family Court seeking orders as to parenting arrangements.

The Family Law Act allows an application for parenting orders to be filed by:

  • The parents
  • The child
  • Any other person concerned with the care and welfare of each of the children, such as grandparents, carers or other relatives.

Fay is experienced in advising clients as to the orders to be sought in the application and you may contact her to make an appointment to discuss the issues relevant to your individual circumstances.

Contact Fay

Email or call on 0416 196 541.

Fay will respond to you personally within 24 hours to discuss your enquiry.