Can I file an application seeking orders to divide my property in either the Family Court or the Federal Circuit Court under the Family Law Act?

Yes you may bring an application seeking orders for resolution of financial disputes in either the Family Court or the Federal Circuit Court in the following circumstances:

  • You must bring the application for financial orders to the court within 2 years from the date that you separated from your partner. If you are outside this time frame then you must seek the permission of the court to file the application.
  • If the relationship broke down after 1 March 2009.
  • If there exists a geographical connection to the State in which you are filing the application.

Fay is highly experienced and qualified to discuss these important issues with you to determine how best you may proceed to resolve a financial dispute especially in circumstances where you do not fall within the principles set out in the Family Law Act.

Contact Fay

Email or call on 0416 196 541.

Fay will respond to you personally within 24 hours to discuss your enquiry.