Separation from your partner may take place under the same roof.
The court must however be able to differentiate between a bad relationship and a relationship that has broken down irretrievably.
The factors determining the status of the relationship may include one or more of the following situations:
- Whether you and your partner sleep in separate bedrooms or together
- Whether you and your partner provide domestic duties for each other such as cooking, cleaning, shopping
- Whether you and your partner entertain together within the household or outside the home environment
- Whether you have informed family or friends of the separation
- Whether you or your partner have informed government departments as to the separation and have applied, for example, for financial support from Centrelink
Email or call on 0416 196 541.
Fay will respond to you personally within 24 hours to discuss your enquiry.